There are many benefits and services available to faculty who wish to be part of the Owens Institute for Behavioral Research (OIBR).
There are three categories of OIBR membership
- Grant Development Program Participant (GDPPs): GDPP status is for faculty who have applied and been accepted into the 2 year formal OIBR Grant Development Program. Upon completion of the program, these individuals will transition to Affiliate status.
- OIBR Affiliate: This represents a wide range of faculty members and research staff from departments across campus. Anyone with a behavioral/social science component to their research who wishes to be included in communications about upcoming events and research related topics may request to be an Affiliate of OIBR by completing the Affiliate Application form on our website.
- OIBR Distinguished Scholar: The title “OIBR Distinguished Scholar” is reserved for faculty with current or past grant projects run through the Institute, who seek to be actively involved, and wish to take full advantage of OIBR’s services. Nomination by an active Distinguished Scholar and approval of the OIBR executive committee is required to be granted Distinguished Scholar status.
Benefits and Services for OIBR Affiliates, Grant Development Program Participants, and Distinguished Scholars
- Pre-award funding searches, grant preparation, and submission services
- Post-award grants administration and accounting
- Participation in OIBR networking events
- Credit advance on indirect cost return for newly funded proposals if home department policy allows IDC return to PI through OIBR
Benefits and Services for Grant Development Program Participants
- Targeted workshops and brown bag seminars
- Mock reviews, grant concept presentations and pink sheet reviews
- Competitively awarded pilot funds to support preliminary data collection and/or analysis for grant proposals
- External review of grant proposal by a subject matter expert outside of UGA
- Structured activities to meet and interact with OIBR Distinguished Scholars
Benefits and Services for Distinguished Scholars
- Editing service for grant proposals
- External review of grant proposal by subject matter expert outside UGA