There are many benefits and services available to faculty who wish to be affiliated with the Owens Institute for Behavioral Research (OIBR). To be eligible for these services faculty must submit grants through OIBR.
There are three levels of affiliation with OIBR
- Grantsmanship Development Program Participant (GDPPs): GDPP status is for faculty who have applied and been accepted into the 2 year formal OIBR Grantsmanship Development Program. Upon completion of the program, these individuals will transition to Affiliate status.
- OIBR Affiliate: This represents a wide range of faculty members and research staff from departments across campus. Anyone with a behavioral/social science component to their research who wishes to submit grants through the Institute and/or be included in communications about upcoming events and research related topics may request to be an Affiliate of OIBR by completing the Affiliate Application form on our website.
- OIBR Fellow: The title “OIBR Fellow” is reserved for faculty with current or past grant projects run through the Institute, who seek to be actively involved, and wish to take full advantage of OIBR’s services. Nomination by an active Fellow and approval of the OIBR executive committee is required to be granted Fellow status.
Benefits and Services for OIBR Affiliates, Grantsmanship Development Program Participants, and Fellows
- Pre-award funding searches, grant preparation, and submission services
- Post-award grants administration and accounting
- Eligibility for OIBR Faculty Seed Grant Program
- Credit advance on indirect cost return for newly funded proposals if home department policy allows IDC return to PI through OIBR
Benefits and Services for Grantsmanship Development Program Participants Only
- Targeted workshops and brown bag seminars
- Mock reviews, grant concept presentations and pink sheet reviews
- Competitively awarded pilot funds to support preliminary data collection and/or analysis for grant proposals
- External review of grant by a subject matter expert outside of UGA
- Structured activities to meet and interact with OIBR Fellows
Benefits and Services for Fellows Only
- Editing service for grant proposals
- External review of grant by subject matter expert outside UGA
- Assistance provided to home departments/college for nomination for UGA Research awards (e.g., Distinguished Research Professor, Creative Research Award, Creative Research Medal)
Benefits and Services for Work Group Leaders and Center Directors Only
- Eligibility for OIBR sponsored course release for substantial new initiative for Work Group or Center, center grant application, training grant application, or large scale interdisciplinary grant proposal (competitive application process)